Travel Information and Maps
The Institute for Computer Science is located in buildung 50 on Wachsbleiche 27:
Here are several travel guides and maps to help you find the way to the Computer Science Group on Wachsbleiche 27. Those close by in Europe should probably just jump into the train to reach Osnabrück. For those who need to fly in, you have the following options to choose from:
- Osnabrück has a small international airport called Münster/Osnabrück (FMO). International here means more or less European. If you want to reach Osnabrück from somewhere in Europe by plane, this might be the best choice. There are shuttle busses between the city and the airport which probably take 30 minutes.
- The second option is to fly to Amsterdam (AMS) and to take the train from Amsterdam to Osnabrück. There are some direct trains which take 3 hours. The direct trains leave Amsterdam airport at 07:54, 09:54, 13:54, 17:54. There are also some additional non-direct trains which however usually take 4 hours. The oneway price is in the range of 35 Euro (according to the German railways - the exact price might depend a bit on where you actually buy the ticket).
- The third option is to fly to Frankfurt (FRA) and to take the train from Franfurt to Osnabrück. There are hourly trains during the daytime which take about 4 hours. The oneway price is in the range of 65 Euro one trip. For more details, visit the web pages of the German railways.
If you arrive by train, here is how to reach us by bus:
At the train station, jump on the bus line 21 or 31 direction "Atterfeld" and leave the bus at the stop "Neumarkt", there change to line 11 direction "Eversburg-Büren" and leave at the stop "Berufsbildende Schulen". Follow the road 200m and turn right into "Wachsbleiche" und you will find Building 50 on your left at the next crossroads.
- Map of all city bus lines (PDF) in Osnabrück
- Information on city bus schedule of the Verkehrsgemeinschaft Osnabrück (VOS)
- Online interactive city map of Osnabrück